Come deep underground for a fascinating pilgrimage into the past. Admire the power of human hands and artistry of the generations of miners who once excavated rock salt.
up to 5-6h
PRICE: 280pln per person
small groups: 20-25 people each
tour includes: transportation to and from the museum, English speaking tour leader assistance, lunch, entrance fee, sightseeing the museum with English speaking guide
meeting point at Artur Travel reception at ICE Krakow
- June 10th – 13.30
- June 11th – 07.30 / 11.15
- June 13th – 13.30 / 14.00
- June 16th – 09.30 / 11:30
→ UNESCO World Heritage List treasure from 1978
→ World’s largest mining heritage
→ Health beneficial microclimate
→ Meet your tour leader
You are kindly requested to be present at the meeting point with the confirmation of the reservation at least ten minutes prior to the start of the tour (at Artur Travel’s reception at ICE Krakow). The coach will take you to the museum (it takes app. 30 min.).
Traditional Polish meal at local restaurant before visit to the museum. (Please note: for morning tours lunch will be served after sightseeing.)
→ Walking tour
Sightseeing starts with climbing down 350 steps. During three-kilometer-long sightseeing route you will walk through some of the 20 large chambers, of which the most brilliant is Chapel of St. Kinga. Besides admiring magnificent timber construction, saline lakes, chambers, meandering corridors, majestic underground chapels and statues chiselled out the rock salt, your visit will also have a positive effect on your health. This incredible journey takes for over 2 hours.
→ Ending point
Tour ends with a lift ride. After getting to the surface the coach will transfer you back to ICE Krakow.
INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach or minibus to/from the museum (two groups per coach)
- Professional tour leader assistance (English speaking)
- Professional Museum guide (English speaking)
NOT INCLUDED IN THE PRICE:
- For safety reasons, before entering the mine, every participant in required to undergo a search and luggage inspection.
- The Wieliczka Salt Mine allows you to bring a hand luggage item with maximum dimensions of 35 ˣ 20 ˣ 20 centimeters (13.7 ˣ 7.8 ˣ 7.8 inches).
- The Wieliczka Salt Mine is located 135 meters (443 feet) underground, where the air temperature is approx. 14–16 degrees Celsius (57–61 degrees Fahrenheit). Therefore, the participants should bring warm clothes (e.g. sweaters, jackets).
- This is partly a walking tour, so the participants should wear comfortable sports shoes.
- The mine tour begins with walking down 350 stairs underground (the regular tour does not include the lift that takes you down) and ends with a lift ride. It requires lots of walking and climbing 800 stairs. If you have trouble walking you should consider taking the special route for physically challenged tourists. It is easier and shorter and we can organize it for you - you just need to choose the Wieliczka Salt Mine tour with private transport and inform our booking department that you want to attend the shorter Route. If you are a person using a wheelchair it is the only possible way of visiting the Salt Mine.
- You will get a headset to hear the guide clearly throughout the entire tour.
- The photography fee is 10 PLN that you can pay on the spot.
- Since it is a tailor made tour, canceling it is not possible.
Do I have to present printed booking reservation?
No, you can show it on your mobile or any other mobile device.
The Wieliczka Salt Mine, a historic monument entered on the UNESCO list, a tourist attraction, a health resort, a sanctuary, a venue for cultural and sports events. In the whole of Europe and maybe in the whole world it is the first, both in respect of vastness and most certainly because the salt from its depths is pure and of great quality as well as due to the magnificent underground works – wrote Ambrozy Grabowski about the Wieliczka mine (19th c.). He was not the only one; it amazed also Copernicus, Goethe, Chopin, and today attracts lots of visitors from around the world.
What tourists liked over a century ago continues to lure with its beauty making the Wieliczka Salt Mine a site which one just has to visit. There are many things to admire. Corridors and chambers cut out in rock salt create not only the underground Tourist Route but they also compose the history of salt mining beginning from the Middle Ages till contemporary times. Traces of work performed hundreds of years ago, picturesque saline lakes, chapels chiselled out in wood and salt, saline figures and statues, shining crystal chandeliers create a unique and mysterious world.
If you have already registered to our booking system please click here to log into your account.
If you have any issue with booking please check our user guide.
If you still need any help with your booking please contact us at email@example.com.
If you are interested in airport transfer please click here to check our offer.